Last night I had the best workout that I have had year to date. At some point I really want to run a 5K (there's one coming up in April that I am planning on doing) and after reading Andrew is Getting Fit 's blog yesterday -- I wanted to get to that point. I have never enjoyed running unless it is was up and down the court for basketball or from base to base in baseball. Last night's workout I mixed it up quite a bit.
**My 'workouts' are not weight training as though I may do that in a month or two but are mainly on the treadmill or playing basketball. I know that weight lifting will help with weight loss but my goal right now is not weight loss but taking away the miles on that 1,010 mile goal**
I did a cross training sort of workout on the treadmill that I've previously posted about only ran for 5 minute increments and walked briskly the in between. I covered the same distance at a considerably lower amount of time. I finished strong with a good sprint.
I usually have some yogurt with fresh fruits for post-workout but decided to have a smoothie instead. I looked for some good healthy recipes but failed to find one that suited the ingredients that I had readily available. So, I got an idea from them and created my own smoothie recipe.
Mixed Berry-Banana Smoothie
- 1/2 cup Dannon Plain Yogurt (I guess you can change this but this is what I had)
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup Mixed Berries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar (this is natural sweetener)
- 1/4 cup Fat Free SKim milk
- Put yogurt, Banana, 1/4 cup of the mixed berries, mik, and agave nectar in a blender and Liquify!
- Place the remaining mix berries in the fridge
- Put the mix in the fridge and chill it while you work out
- When ready - place remaining berries into mix, stir, and drink up.
I think it is pretty good but that is my personal opinion. I hope that you like it too if you try it.
1. 1 1/2 cup of Raisin Bran
2. cup of coffee
5. 2 hard-boiled eggs - no yoke
6. 12 oz sprite
7. oven roasted chicken sandwich on whole grain/ w/cheese and mayo
8. small cupcake
9. 4 oz grilled chicken
10. 1/2 cup green beans
11. 1/2 cup applessauce
12. mixed berry-banana smoothie
13. 60+ oz of water
- Basketball..............3.26 miles
Miles til Goal: 938.31