I try not to be vain and that is not why I am posting these but as a constant reminder of how uncomfortable I look as a bigger person. It is no wonder that I got out of breath so fast. The thing that really gets me is that I thought that I felt Good then! I didn't push myself other than basketball twice a week - and at that I was dog tired after a couple pick up games. I enjoy seeing the progress and hope that you all can be inspired by a small success over here at 1010in2010. I will try not to post any more comparison pics b/c I do not want this to annoy anyone with pics of myself.
On to other news; my ankle is still the same.
I know that is not new news but there are some things that are weird about it. I don't feel any pain with it - if I do, it isn't much. I thought fractures and such were suppose to be painful. I have not had to take any pain pills except for the night it happened and this morning I had a headache, which I associate with the "no movement" sleeping I have to do to protect the ankle.
More news: Busted Ankle Workout
I took advantage of the community center that we have here in our town. The gym is free for community members to use. I have used it before but wanted to make it known that we don't need the gym to get workouts in - especially for us cheapskates. It is not much but it does serve its purpose. Since I have an obstacle in my way; I'm changing my routine up to get past the obstacle. I want to come back from this stronger and harder in every other area so that I don't miss a beat. All of my full body workouts were done one-legged (push-ups and free throws).
- 3 sets of 10 push-ups (one set explosive, one set round-the-clock, one set normal)
- 3 sets of 20 grabs rope climber crunches (10 grabs per side)
- 3 sets of 8 Mid-press Rows
- 3 sets of 10 butterfly press (name?)
- 3 sets of 8 Mid-Press (upright bench)
- 2 sets 10 shoulder press
- 50 Made Free Throws (lots of walking to get missed shots...well, hobbling)
- 1.04 miles walking. (I've capped it off there today, I was at .84 miles after work but I forgot the pedometer when I went to the gym - I did quite a bit of walking at the gym.)
What do you consider as your Greatest Success?