1. Not cleaning the cardio equipment you just bathed with your sweat. I get it, you're a stud because you ran 20 miles and sweat happens - but real men take care of their messes...and you're a mess man.
2. Not returning the treadmill to level zero. Yes! Congratulations, you hiked up an 8% incline and slid down the treadmill like you were skiing down a Black Diamond slope! Now please go back up there and return the treadmill to normal.
3. Having all the TV's on news stations, except one small tv in the corner. It's not like I can hear the TV, but come on - I can only read one BREAKING NEWS marquee at a time anyway. Put something on the tele that is going to take my mind off of the pain instead of stressing me out.
4. Dropping the F*Bomb as a gym employee when talking with your friends that are just hanging out to talk. If foul language is your thing, use it on your own time. It's not for me and I dont' use it, but as a place of business and you as the representation of said company - you shouldn't use it either. Let's give this a try, here's an example. Instead of saying, "that was f* crazy", try this "that was crazy". I know, you really wanted to insert it but you're employer would love it if you didn't.
5. Turning some of the lights off when the gym is still open. I do understand this, you want to go home and this guy comes in with 45 minutes of still open time. You are just getting ready to head home. I get that. I would do that too....as long as that light isn't in the area of the gym that is being used. Turn the lights over at the free weight area off, but don't start turning off lights of an area that I am at or have to go to when going to the locker room.
6. Talking openly about the women and their attractiveness. Dude, I'm a dude; dude's notice chicks and their attractiveness, but is the gym the best place to pick them up? And besides, they are already self-conscious about the way that they look so do you think that if you were to even approach them when they are all hot and sweaty and not "made up", that they'd give you the light of day? You gotta do better than that. And the comment, "even the ugly ones have nice bodies" doesn't help your case. Shows your desperation and shallowness.
7. Admiring your body in the mirror for like, forever. Mirrors reflect images, but staring at yourself for an extended time in the very public mirror examining your muscles makes you look like a dork. One thing I've learned at gyms, few people actually care what you look like. They are there to work out and do their thing and now you're just standing in the way of the dumbbells. Buy a mirror and hang it up in your room and you can play kissy face there.
Well, I don't have many others tonight. I'm sure I could stretch and pull a few more out, but these are the ones that I saw tonight. It's actually kind of amusing to me the things that you do see at the gym. I'm a people watcher, I know that's creepy right. It's my thing though.
What are some of your NoNo's at the gym? Let me hear them!